Imprudence:Features needing translation
This is a list of features in Imprudence that need to have their text translated into non-en-us languages. The viewer handles translation through language-specific xml files found in the default skin's folder. For example, the French language is found in the
\skins\default\xui\fr directory. Once you've changed the files, please post them as either a patch or in full (see Contributing Code).
This list is a work in progress.
How to translate the UI
These examples come from
Buttons and other widgets
Your translated elements must have the same
name="TEXT" attribute as the English version, this is used by Imprudence to find the correct widget to be translated.
You only need to include
name and any attributes needs to be translated (for buttons, this is
label). You can leave out any attribute that does not need to be translated (so if the English version changes layout, the translation will too).
<button label="Envoyer" name="send_btn"/>
There are two forms of text the viewer uses. One form is a string, which is just a word or a phrase the viewer needs to find.
<string name="session_start_string"> Début de la session avec [NAME], veuillez patienter. </string>
The other is a Text property, which lays out a specific piece of text in the UI:
<text name="title_string"> Envoyer un message instantané à [NAME] </text>
Both are translated the same way, by editing the text between the opening and closing tag.
UI that needs translation
- Grid Manager button (probably not the final name for it)
- Invite to Group button
- Invite button
- "none" text
- "none" text
- No one near string.
- Muted avatar string.
- Entering chat distance string.
- Entering sim string.
- Minimized title (short_title="Mini-Map").
- Sky button
- Editor button
panel_windlight_remote.xml and panel_windlight_remote_expanded.xml
- Advanced Water
- Revert to region default
- Unread IM count at the top of the window.
- Mini-map notification checkboxes.
Input & Camera
- Double-Click Action: (None / Autopilot)
- Autopilot Style: (Move / Teleport)
- Windlight toolbar checkbox.
- New show stream info in chat checkbox.
- (Layout prolly needs to be fixed too).
- Chat channel control checkbox.
- Object IMs color.
- Show IMs in main chat checkbox.
The following menu labels need translation:
- File > Import
- File > Logout
- Edit > Refresh Appearance ("Rebake" in LL's viewers)
- View > Web Browser
- View > Zoom Level
- View > Advanced Menu
- World > Set Busy
- World > Stop Animating My Avatar (formerly "Stop Animations")
- Tools > Selection Options
- Tools > Return Object
- Search > By Name
- Search > By Creator
- Search > All
(Most of these might already be translated in LL's Snowglobe viewer or trunk by now. I'd check.)
- Zoom Close
- Zoom Medium
- Zoom Far
- Center on Camera (prolly not the final name for this. Controls the behavior of mini-map panning)
- Rotate Mini-Map
- Show Word Map
- Stop Tracking...
- The entire Advanced menu needs to be translated, if anyone's honestly up for it. It's not a priority, though (LL might have finally gotten around to doing this themselves; worth checking).
(at the bottom)
- Landmark created string
- New home page set string
If you can't find the text in xml
There are two other places it could be:
If it's not there, more than likely Linden Lab hardcoded it into the viewer source. Let us known on the ImpDev mailing list so we can fix it. Or better yet, if you're a developer, submit a patch to make that text translatable!