Auto Correct is a feature in Imprudence which helps you automatically correct your written text. This feature was developed by the Emarald viewer team. Text Translation is available in Imprudence 1.4.0 beta 1 and later, and in Imprudence Experimental 2010.09.04 and later.
To invoke the Auto Correct options you need to go the Spell Checking & Translate-tab in Preferences
The settings for Spell checking, Auto Correct and Translation have been moved from the Advanced-tab to the Chat-tab in Imprudence 1.4.0 Beta 1.
Then click on the AutoCorrect...-button to open the window with corresponding settings.
Select the check-box Enable Autocorrect to activate this function.
In the Autocorrect Settings window you see 3 standard list "Entries";
- Abbreviations A list of abbreviations commonly used in chat.
- Custom A empty list to use for your own spelling correction words.
- Spelling Correction A list of commonly misspelled words.
You can enable / disable the lists separately. Once Enabled, the name of the list will show up as bold in the Entries-field. And when an Abbreviation or misspelled word is found it will automatically replace that word with the word(s) from the list.
Every list in your Entries-field has a priority. This number determines in what order the list is used to replace words. A higher priority means the list will be used before a list with a lower priority.
- Show Notifications
This options will show a notification pop-up for ever word that is replaced.
- Word Style
Having this checked means the list is for full words that should be replaced. Unchecked means that it will look within words contents as well.
You can Delete, Export and Load list with the corresponding buttons below the Entries-field.
Note: Do remember that deleting a list can not bu undone!
Use the Export list-button to export a selected list to you hard drive for manual editing of the list. This will be an .XML-file. And use a Load List...-button, at the top of the window, to load a list into the Entries-field.
You can add or remove word from the corresponding list.
- Add a word to a list
- To add a word you need to select a list and press the Add Word-button. This will prompt you to use one of the following (depending on what list you selected):
- To add an entry, please type in chat "/addac Abbreviations|wrongWord|rightWord"
- To add an entry, please type in chat "/addac Custom|wrongWord|rightWord"
- To add an entry, please type in chat "/addac Spelling Corrections|wrongWord|rightWord"
- For example: /addac Abbreviations|LOL|Laughing Out Loud
- Will add LOL to the Abbreviations list and will replace LOL with Laughing Out Loud
- Remove a word from a list
- To remove a word, you need to select a list and then a word from that list
Note: The red underlined words selected in Spell Checking and then added with "Add to Dictionary" are not listed here. Spelling correction and AutoCorrect are two separate functions.
To have the words auto correct you need to enable this function as described above. When typing text in the Chat bar or the Local Chat misspelled words will automatically correct them self after you type 1 more character or press the space bar.