From Kokua Wiki
Imprudence 1.3.0 RC1
- Fixed many frequent crashes and memory leaks. You should notice significantly improved viewer stability in this version. Many thanks to our Weeklies testers and everyone else who helped us find and fix these issues!
- Area Object Search: You can now search for objects in the nearby area by name, description, creator, and/or group name. Thanks to the Emerald Viewer and Henri Beauchamp for this feature.
- The actions on the Minimap Radar "Estate" tab now work for parcel owners too. Thanks, McCabe!
- Fixed a long-standing typo that made the object cache useless (SNOW-783). Second Life scenes will now rez much more quickly when visiting them again. (OpenSim does not currently support object caches.) Thanks to Andrew Linden for the tip-off.
- Other new features: copy worn attachments, MU*-style poses, OOC auto-close, Shift-Enter to whisper, revamped LightShare support, and more. Read on for details!
- Certain audio streams and movies don't play audio, e.g. YouTube MP4 videos. The viewer does not currently include the necessary plugin to play the AAC audio format. We hope to resolve this for the 1.3.0 final release.
- The viewer does not properly detect the LLKDU image library on some systems. We are investigating this issue.
- The "Cancel" button is missing when the teleport screen is disabled.
- The Animation Overrider window needs to be open when standing up from sitting on the ground in order to activate stands.
- Tiny prims are sometimes invisible until selected.
- Lossless textures sometimes appear corrupt/black when using openjpeg (the workaround is to copy llkdu from an SL 1.23 installation).
In addition to the Release Highlights above, this version of Imprudence also includes the following changes, as compared to Imprudence 1.3.0 beta 5.
Features / Improvements
- Re-enabled the ability to copy worn attachments in the inventory window. Thanks to Henri Beauchamp for the patch!
- Added optional support for MU*-style poses (":" works like "/me") and OOC auto-close (automatically close "((" in chat). You can enable these features in "Preferences > Advanced". Thanks to Henri Beauchamp for these features!
- You can now choose a clock/timestamp format in "Preferences > General": 12-hour PST/PDT, 24-hour PST/PDT, or UTC. Thanks, McCabe!
- You can now whisper in chat by pressing Shift-Enter instead of Enter. Thanks to Henri Beauchamp for this feature!
- The viewer now plays in-world sound effects regardless of the maturity rating of the sim. Thanks, McCabe!
- The Map window will now let you teleport up to the maximum Z value allowed by the grid (it was limited to 4096 meters before). Thanks, McCabe!
- Likewise, the minimap maximum zoom-out level is now based on the maximum Z value allowed by the grid. Thanks, McCabe!
- Added menu entries to take off alpha and tattoo layers (in the Edit menu and pie menus). Thanks, McCabe!
- Revamped LightShare support. Please see our LightShare wiki page for more information about this feature. Thanks, Jacek!
- More fine-grained LightShare permission control in "Preferences > Advanced".
- Teleporting will no longer reset Windlight to the default settings.
- Added the new OpenSim 0.7 names for the LightShare script functions (prefixed with "ls" instead of "cm") to the script editor. Thanks, McCabe!
- Increased the maximum building grid size from 50m to 10,000m in Advanced Build Options. Thanks, McCabe!
- Added "Advanced > Character > Private Point At" to disable telling other viewers where you avatar is pointing (similar to Private Look At).
- The Script Warning/Error window now has timestamps. Thanks, Jacek!
- The viewer now automatically enables joystick support on Windows and Linux if a joystick is present. You can disable this by setting the
JoystickAutoEnabledebug setting to
FALSE. Thanks, Armin!
- Auto-enable is not available on Mac, due to an issue with some mice being detected as joysticks. Mac users can still manually enable joystick support in "Preferences > Input & Camera > Joystick Setup".
- Added "Advanced > Debug Settings" to the login screen menu.
- Added a "File" menu to the notecard editor, with "Save", "Import Text", and "Export Text" entries. Thanks, McCabe!
- Improved viewer framerate slightly by setting the inventory window title more efficiently. Thanks, Armin!
- Added a "Select a Default Grid" popup the first time you run Imprudence, to help users connect to the grid they want. Thanks, McCabe!
- You can now access the Grid Manager at any time via "Preferences > General". Thanks, McCabe!
- Cosmetic UI cleanup in the Advanced Build Options window, pie menus, login screen, grid manager, event search tab, and some notifications. Thanks, McCabe!
- Tidied up the Advanced menu a bit. Thanks, McCabe!
- "Limit Select Distance" has been moved from the Advanced menu to the Advanced Build Options window.
- Renamed "Help > Viewer Help" to "Help > Grid Help" to match what it does. Thanks, McCabe!
- The chat log timestamp now has a leading zero for hours less than 10 (SNOW-629). Thanks to Ardy Lay for the patch!
- Fixed a nasty crash "LLRefCount: deleting non-zero reference" (#293). Thanks, McCabe!
- Fixed a crash when http-getting an empty texture (SNOW-698). Thanks for the patch, Thickbrick Sleaford!
- Fixed a crash when using a custom viewer skin that is missing some color definitions. Thanks to the Emerald Viewer for this fix.
- Fixed a crash in LLPanelPlace::onClickTeleport (#357). Thanks, McCabe!
- Fixed several memory leaks. Thanks to Linden Lab and the Emerald Viewer.
- Fixed the Animation Overrider not playing stand animations after standing up from sitting on an object. (But, it still affects standing up from the ground.) Thanks, McCabe!
- Fixed your avatar's eyes looking in a weird direction when "Advanced > Character > Private Look At" is enabled. Thanks, Armin!
- Fixed the "View > Web Browser" menu item not doing anything. Thanks, McCabe!
- Fixed several Mac compile issues. Thanks, Jacek!
- When unable to connect, the error message now says the grid name, instead of "Unable to connect to Imprudence". Thanks, McCabe!
- Fixed chat logs potentially being saved to invalid filenames. Thanks to the Emerald Viewer for this fix.
- Fixed a crash when trying to use a landmark after logging out. Thanks, Armin!
- Reduced stuttering and lag in the audio engine. Thanks for the patch, Henri Beauchamp!
- Fixed the Web Browser window missing its "Home" button. Thanks, McCabe!
- Fixed the main menu disappearing when the "You have been logged out" alert appears (#327). Thanks, McCabe!